RightScale is your easy to use portal to Amazon’s Web Services, in particular the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). It provides a point-and-click interface to EC2 instances and images as well as an S3 browser. RightScale helps keep tabs on running instances–a chore that can be less friendly through the stock command-line tools. And many frequent tasks, such as opening an SSH console, bundling up an instance, backing up you database to S3, are just a single click away.
- Manage EC2 more efficiently using a point-and-click interface than using command-line tools.
- Save time and money with RightScale’s automation for recurring tasks.
- Share your EC2 and S3 accounts with others without revealing the credentials.
- Follow best-practices for EC2 deployment, prepared by experts embracing EC2 themselves.
- Increased reliability with automated backups.
EC2 Functions available
- View all instances, images, security groups, and ssh keys.
- View audit logs of past instances and images.
- Assign custom names to instances and images (such as deployment domain [RightScale.com] or nickname [web3]).
- Create, Edit and delete security groups and ssh keys.
- Launch instances from private or Amazon’s public images.
- Terminate instances.
- Deregister images.
- One-click bundle for running instances.
- One-click db backup for running instances (to S3).
- Web-based SSH console with autokey generation (no login required).
S3 Functions available
- Integrated S3 browser
- Generate 24-hour private links to restricted S3 data
- One-click db backup to S3
- One-click instance bundle to S3
- Separate the notion of an EC2 account from user logins: you can create unlimited users that all access one EC2 account.
- Manage multiple EC2 accounts and switch between them at ease.
- Assign users roles for observer (read-only), actor (read-write), or administrative (access to credentials and user management).
- Limit access to EC2/S3 credentials: non administrative users cannot see the raw credentials.
- Add S3 credentials to your RightScale account to gain S3 browsing and advanced backup/restore features.
- Full instance auditing:
* who/when launched * when ready/running * when bundled * when backed-up * when terminated
- Full image auditing:
* who/when bundled * which instance bundled from
- Run multiple long-running commands (db backup, bundle, etc) with integrated task monitoring.